Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cavalier




Spring up the summer

Winter falls down

Seasons pass by

The year goes round



It’s hard to image what life really wants

Where are we going with all of our smarts?



People always tell us to plan for the future

So we can sit comfortably in our recliners



But I tend to think that the moment is now

Spend time with your friends don’t worry about how



Things will work out in some nutty way

You won’t expect it until one fateful day



I’ll send you a letter and out of the blue

You’ll remember the life at Cavalier, True



Nothing is the same as it was any more

We’ve all gone away and now struggle with war



War in our lives that once were so glorious

Those parties we had enormous, notorious



Places we’ve gone people we met,

We’ll all meet again, and I’m willing to bet



That even those times when we thought we were kings

Are nothing compared to the things we can bring



To this world as a team, a team like no other

For we are a family…a family of brothers



Cavalier will live on, beyond the scope of college

It’s more than a house; it’s a place of great knowledge



I’ve learned more about life and more of myself

Than any of those books now up on that shelf



So if there is any advice I can give you

It’s don’t worry so much, your soul will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment